Gemeentemuseum Den Haag has an extensive library and a documentation department that focus on the museum’s collection. The library documents both the history of the museum and its collection. The library’s collection of books, exhibition and auction catalogues, journals and other publications covers the subjects represented in the collection of Gemeentemuseum Den Haag, The Hague Museum of Photography, GEM museum of contemporary art and Escher in het Paleis:
- The Hague School
- Piet Mondrian and De Stijl
- Minimal Art
- H.P. Berlage
- Rozenburg porcelain
- G.P. Fieret
- M.C. Escher
The library is open to visitors Monday to Friday, by appointment only.
Please observe the following rules:
- All publications are available for viewing but may not be removed from the library
- No food or drink in the library
- Visitors are requested not to create excessive noise when using their mobile phone
- Wi-Fi is available
- Copying and scanning facilities are available. Fragile and/or highly valuable items may not however be copied or scanned.
Copies: black-and-white A4 €0.10 per copy, A3 €0.20 per copy / colour A4 €0.25 per copy, A3 €0.50 per copy.